Sunday, October 26, 2008

to be married

The arrange marriage is common way in the Arabic countries than others. Because of the customs, religions, cultures, and lows recommend to get marriage by your parents’ choice and by their permissions. People in my country have many different ways to married. The most common way in my country and in the Arabic countries is that if the guy likes some girl that he saw in some place, he will go and tell his mother to go and look at her and to know about her family’s history very well. Because in our culture, if we need to married some girl, she should has good family with the other people and how their culture is different from my family’s culture. After that, if the mother likes the girl, she will take another appointment to come wit her husband and the son to make engagement. However, I think that arrange marriage have good and bad things. The good things are that, you will be the only one who sleep and have good relationship with her. And, she can love the mother and the family of the man if they are good with her. On the other side, there are disadvantages too. Sometimes the man married a beautiful woman, but after days or weeks the woman can’t be comfortable with him because one of them cannot be familiar with the other one. And, sometimes the woman cannot cook very well, that if the man likes to eat “like me”. But, people how don’t control by culture rules, can have married by online, random stranger, or any other way. Because, they like there children to meet and to be comfortable with each others. And I like both ways.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Actually when I said random stranger I was joking but I understand what you mean. The idea of an arranged marriage is very foreign to me, but I feel like I understand it more.