Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Election

When I was in back home in 2000 and 2004, I was watching the election of the U.S. and I thought that the election of the U.S. is the same as in the Middle Eastern countries. But, when I came here and watched and understood the American election, I realized how this country is organized and how people in this country have freedom to make their choice. First, there are many differences between Middle Eastern country’s system and the American’s system. In the U.S., the election takes a long time. The first thing is that the Democrats have their election between some people who are able to be president in their group, and Republicans have the same thing. Second, after people vote for the person who they want to be president from their group of the Democrats or the Republicans, they start to vote for their person who is from their party to be the president. Differently, in my country the election takes a shorter time then the election in America. I think that we have an unfair election in my country. We do not have two groups which can have competition between themselves. We have different people from different groups who do advertisements about what they will do in the future to make people vote for them. Finally, the man who wins is the same president with a much higher percentage than the other candidates. I like the election in the U.S., because it is more honest than the election in the other countries.

No comments: